Do you experience panic attacks, moments of severe anxiety, or feel unsafe in new environments?
Do you have trouble trusting others? Are you a survivor of violence or sexual abuse? Do you have reoccurring nightmares or replay a frightening event repeatedly in your head?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you may be affected by trauma. Trauma is the mark that is left on us after we encounter a particularly stressful life event, but we don’t have to remain branded by trauma forever.
The therapists at Lotus Counseling Center are adept at reducing distress caused by trauma. Working with Lotus’ highly trained clinicians in our warm, supportive environment can help you overcome the difficulties you face from trauma by:
- Reducing depression and anxiety associated with trauma
- Building resiliency and coping strategies
- Integrating the traumatic event into your life history
- Gaining insight into your trauma-related behaviors and thoughts
- Understanding how your trauma affects those around you
- Forming a sturdy network of support
- Learning how to develop trust and feel safe
- Moving on and finding fulfillment in life again
Contact Lotus Counseling Center today to start the process of gaining your life back from the grips of trauma.